Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Filibuster or Not to Filibuster, generally there is no question

Fox News reported that Wisconsin Democrats kept the assembly all night with a good ol' filibuster, attempting to prevent Gov. Scott Walkers new "anti-union" laws.

I am more interested in the concept of Filibustering than I am in the shinanegings taking place in the midwest. Is it truly an efficient, appropriate and dare I say, mature way of developing law?

I have no real answers to those questions. I will continue to think and read about it, but maybe you have an answer?

1 comment:

  1. The Filibuster is actually an effective technique that has been used by politicians for a long time. I think that Vice President Joe Biden was skilled in filibustering when he was still a senator. I have to agree that it does sound like an immature way of developing (or rather delaying/preventing the development of) the law.

    ReplyDelete